Physical therapy and chiropractic care are considered essential health care services, and we are remaining open to ensure our patients receive necessary care. We are making all efforts to comply with social distancing guidelines while also recognizing that our type of treatments require direct contact with our providers. Comber Physical Therapy and Fusion Chiropractic is currently addressing the threats from COVID-19 with a series of adjustments to our normal operating procedures. We are open and treating patients during normal operating hours. For many of you, there is no visible difference. However, we recognize that some of our patient population must be more careful in exposure to potential viral threats.
If you are not compromised and can keep your appointment, you will continue as planned towards your therapy goals and a timely recovery. Please understand, if you restrict your therapy visits, you may likely extend or have to restart your therapy.
To address the needs of our higher risk patients, we have created three isolated treatment rooms for isolated treatments. These rooms have private entrances and will be used solely by one patient and one therapist at a time. Check in and check out will be completed by cell phone with our medical reception team. Determination on who will be treated in these rooms will be by doctor referral, medical history, and availability of schedule.
Referring physicians will now have the option of prescribing in-home, outpatient physical therapy to patients of the highest risk to COVID-19. Karen McPadden, MPT will be stepping into this role for Comber Physical Therapy to offer the same outpatient therapy that she performs in our clinics, but now in patient homes. This service is intended for only the highest risk patients and requires a doctor’s referral.
We continue to sanitize the clinics and all equipment following CDC guidelines. All patients entering the clinics are screened for signs such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath. We are taking the pandemic seriously while still trying to provide our patients with our personalized gold standard of care. We will continue to modify our services to best meet the needs of our patients and staff.
Actions Being Taken by Comber Physical Therapy & Fusion Chiropractic:
- At this time, there are no known cases of the virus in our clinics. The health and safety of our employees and patients is always our top priority. We are diligently monitoring updates to the COVID-19.
- We understand how important it is to continue your physical therapy treatment from initial evaluation to discharge without interruption. Stopping therapy mid-way can result in slower recovery and possibly starting therapy over to achieve your goals. Therapy staff are ensuring all patients have access to home exercise programs.
- Our staff are working to ensure everyone is following consistent protocols for proper hand-washing as well as sanitizing and disinfecting equipment, treatment tables, waiting areas, bathrooms, doorknobs and other general areas.
- Our New Town clinic is offering treatment in private, dedicated rooms to our high-risk patients.
- Our medical reception team is expanding the time between patient visits to allow for thorough cleaning between appointments.
- Karen McPadden, MPT is available for in-home, outpatient physical therapy when prescribed by a referring physician. This service is reserved for those of highest risk to COVID-19 infection.
What you can do:
- We ask that you please allow our Patient Care Coordinators to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any of the following: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or exposure to someone with the virus.
- If you have not been contacted by us about your home exercise program or feel you need an updated program, call the appropriate clinic and request one from your care team.
- Appointments are currently available from 7 am through 6:30 pm, but please consider scheduling therapy through the month of April as we anticipate there will be a need to plan ahead once we get past this high-risk time period.
- Continue your daily activities with the same healthy habits that prevent the spread of the viruses.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid group settings of 10 people or more.
- Use “social distancing” of about 6 feet from the nearest person.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm to prevent spreading germs.
Comber Physical Therapy and Fusion Chiropractic is introducing In-Home Outpatient Physical Therapy to help address the growing need for clinical options in treating high-risk patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more >>