Physical therapy and chiropractic care are essential services. We are open and treating patients from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. For many of you, there is no visible difference. However, we recognize that some of our patient population must be more careful in exposure to potential viral threats, so we have initiated three new options for those patients:
We continue to sanitize the clinics and all equipment following CDC guidelines. All patients entering the clinics are screened for signs such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath. We are taking the pandemic seriously while still trying to provide our patients with our personalized gold standard of care.
Actions Being Taken by Comber Physical Therapy & Fusion Chiropractic:
- At this time, there are no known cases of the virus in our clinics. The health and safety of our employees and patients is always our top priority. We are diligently monitoring updates to COVID-19.
- Isolated treatment rooms in the New Town clinic are available to our high-risk patients. Isolated rooms offer patient to therapist treatment with cell phone check in/check out and scheduling. Patients are offered a private entrance and contact is limited to one therapist.
- Virtual Visits are available for those who cannot come in to the clinic for appointments. Our therapists can provide Virtual Visits with existing patients through a secure, HIPAA compliant video platform.
- Karen McPadden, MPT is available for in-home, outpatient physical therapy when prescribed by a referring physician. This service is reserved for those of highest risk to COVID-19 infection who have balance and gait issues.
- We understand how important it is to continue your physical therapy treatment from initial evaluation to discharge without interruption. Stopping therapy mid-way can result in slower recovery and possibly starting therapy over to achieve your goals. Therapy staff are ensuring all patients have access to home exercise programs (HEP).
- Our staff are working to ensure everyone is following consistent protocols for proper hand-washing as well as sanitizing and disinfecting equipment, treatment tables, waiting areas, bathrooms, doorknobs and other general areas.
- Our medical reception team is expanding the time between patient visits to allow for thorough cleaning between appointments.
What you can do:
- We ask that you please allow our Patient Care Coordinators to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any of the following: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or exposure to someone with the virus.
- If you have not been contacted by us about your home exercise program or feel you need an updated program, call the appropriate clinic and request one from your care team.
- Appointments are currently available from 8 am to 5 pm, but please consider scheduling therapy through the month of April as we anticipate there will be a need to plan ahead once we get past this high-risk time period.
- Continue your daily activities with the same healthy habits that prevent the spread of the viruses.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid group settings of 10 people or more.
- Use “social distancing” of about 6 feet from the nearest person.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm to prevent spreading germs.