Physical therapy and chiropractic care are essential services. We are open week days at 7 am in both clinics and encourage you to schedule the early morning visits for the optimal social distancing appointments as our clinics tend to get busier in the afternoon hours. However, we recognize that some of our patient population must be more careful in exposure to potential viral threats, so we can offer those patients the option of Virtual Visits (telehealth).
We continue to sanitize the clinics and all equipment following CDC guidelines. All patients entering the clinics are screened for signs such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath. We are taking the pandemic seriously while still trying to provide our patients with our personalized gold standard of care.
Actions Being Taken by Comber Physical Therapy & Fusion Chiropractic:
- At this time, there are no known cases of the virus in our clinics. The health and safety of our employees and patients is always our top priority. We are diligently monitoring updates to COVID-19.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival. If you have a fever, we will ask you to reschedule.
- Please wear a face mask. If you do not have one, we will provide you one for your visit.
- Virtual Visits are available for those who cannot come in to the clinic for appointments. Our therapists can provide Virtual Visits with existing patients through a secure, HIPAA compliant video platform.
We understand how important it is to continue your physical therapy treatment from initial evaluation to discharge without interruption. Stopping therapy mid-way can result in slower recovery and possibly starting therapy over to achieve your goals. Please be sure to utilize your home exercise programs (HEP).
Our staff are working to ensure everyone is following consistent protocols for proper hand-washing as well as sanitizing and disinfecting equipment, treatment tables, waiting areas, bathrooms, doorknobs and other general areas.
Our patient care team is expanding the time between patient visits to allow for thorough cleaning between appointments.
What you can do:
- We ask that you please allow our Patient Care Coordinators to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any of the following: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or exposure to someone with the virus.
- Appointments are currently available daily, but please consider scheduling therapy for at least three weeks as we anticipate our schedule tightening in the near future.
- If you want to limit the amount of time in our lobby, check in by phone from your car. Call our Patient Care Coordinators as you arrive in our parking lot and they can check you in with a call back when your provider is ready.
- If you are a new patient, complete your paperwork prior to your first visit. Use Adobe Acrobat to download and fill out your forms. This can limit the time sitting in our waiting room by almost 15 minutes.
Continue your daily activities with the same healthy habits that prevent the spread of the viruses.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Use “social distancing” of about 6 feet from the nearest person.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm to prevent spreading germs.
- Clean common surfaces regularly.